How should churches plan for this given changing COVID-related restrictions?
Paper and online surveys:
The 2021 NCLS will have paper survey forms, and also online forms which people can fill out on their device (including at home). Every survey can be completed online if restrictions are in place.
A. How to order surveys in uncertain times
Use the online NCLS order form and order now
- Order paper and/or online surveys now.
- Order quantities to suit your church as if it was meeting in person.
- Choose your mix of paper or online surveys to match how you think attenders would use them if your church was physically meeting.
- Translated surveys in multiple languages will also be available in paper and online
- The cost is the same regardless of which format you order. (NB some churches will receive subsidies).
- Use the NCLS order form now to indicate the numbers of paper forms and online forms.
B. Get your Survey Kit in the post
Churches will receive a physical Survey Kit prior to survey period
- Prior to your survey period your church will receive a Survey Kit in the post.
- It will contain printed instructions, Leader Survey and Census (these go to all churches)
- It will contain any paper surveys you ordered
- Even if you did not order any paper surveys, a small set will be included. This is to ensure no-one is excluded if online access if difficult.
C. Restrictions? Need to switch plans? No problem!
The entire survey can be conducted online if restrictions are in place.
- If restrictions come into place in the week(s) you plan to do the survey, easily switch to doing it entirely online.
- Even if your church ordered paper forms only, online surveys will be available for your church to use.
- You will be able to access as many online forms as you need. You will not run out.
- There will be easy instructions to follow in your survey kit about how to use the online survey.
D. How to distribute online surveys for the 2021 NCLS
Your Survey Kit will include a unique online link for your church that takes attenders directly to your church’s survey (no code required).
Your church Survey Kit will contain instructions for distributing your church’s online survey to attenders. You will be able to use any (or all) of the following methods:
- Fill out on a device during the service.
- While the church is meeting (including during a live online service) - provide the church code to people as they use their device and they can do the survey together immediately.
- This method is the most reliable way to collect responses.
- Distribute your church’s unique link for the NCLS survey to church attenders
- Email your church survey link to your attender (if you have email addresses)
- Include the link in your church’s newsletters
- Post the link in an online group for the church.
- Display the link in a Zoom session or recorded service