Every local church gets their own Church Life Pack including a Profile of results and supporting resources
- A Church Life Profile showing a church's survey results with a clear evaluation of the church’s vitality.
- Step by step processes to help a church evaluate, communicate and act on their survey results.
- Online audio visual resources and facilitators' notes for workshops, planning sessions and retreats to enable churches to make best use of their results to plan a way forward.
The National Church Life Survey is an evaluative tool that can help in the process of shaping the future for local churches.
- It allows all voices to be heard and to get involved.
- Local results will highlight qualities and strengths.
- Options for planning processes to match the capacity of the church.
Resources to nurture church vitality
The National Church Life Survey is more than counting numbers- it’s about the life of each church its leaders, helping build vitality, develop effective and sustainable leadership, and connecting well with the local community.
Many church leaders find a season of reflection very helpful. As they listen to their attenders they capture a sense of their hopes, passions and concerns, discerning a way forward as a body.
As researchers we believe that having a credible evidence base can help inform decisions, bringing wisdom and insight to the directions and life of a church.
The local church leader is supported..
- Local church leaders will gain a clearer picture of their people - not just their demographics, but their faith life, their commitment to the mission of their church, their Christian living and their hopes for their church.
- Local church leaders will gain insights into the leadership qualities churches need to draw on, and their own leadership strengths, as well as those of their leadership team.
- Leaders will see precisely the areas of church life that the congregation most values and the areas they would most like to see further developed.
- All of this will help leaders not only discern directions but the strategies necessary to build and owned vision and move surely into those directions.
The local church is resourced..
- The congregations will gain a clearer understanding of their strengths as a Christian community, on mission and in caring for each other.
- The ministry groups will gain feedback on their own area of ministry.
- The church as a whole will be better equipped to hold meaningful discussions and set goals based on reality rather than surmise.
- The church will come to understand itself more clearly and be drawn to be a stronger Christian community.
- The church will be equipped to determine directions and foster the development of a clear and owned vision, so that the church can move to action together, into the future.
The denominational leadership is equipped..
- Regional and denominational leadership will gain a clear oversight of the strengths and focus of its churches and the region as a whole.
- Regional and denominational leaders will be equipped to offer strategic and pastoral leadership and work more effectively with local churches.
- The survey results will help regional and denominational leaders to effectively allocate resources to particular areas of need and opportunity.
- Denominational leaders can compare their denomination’s results against Australian churches as a whole to clearly see the differences and the similarities.